Common Errors on APA References:
- First line flush left, all other lines indented 1/2 inch
- Double space references and space between references
- Authors should be alphabetized by 1st author
- No first names used for authors
- Place an ampersand (&) before the last author
- Article titles: words not capitalized, except for first word, proper nouns, and after a colon
- Journal name is italicized
- Volume number in italics, issue not in italics.
- Issue in parenthesis, no space between Volume and Issue.
- Page numbers not italicized.
- Do not use "Vol." "Issue" "pp.", etc.
- Comma after author's last name
- Period, Comma after Author's Initial
- Period after Year
- Period after article title
- Comma after journal name
- Comma after Volume (if no issue), otherwise comma after issue
- Dash between pages
- Period after pages.
Smith, B. & Crockett, D. (2004). Risk taking in adolescence: The effect of something on
something else in American students. Developmental Psychology, 39(3), 1036-1046.
A good resource